Some Hailie® Smartinhaler® sensors contain a rechargeable battery that is charged via a micro USB Port on the sensor.
The Hailie® Smartinhaler® sensor should not be used while charging.
Go to Is my sensor rechargeable or non-rechargeable to ensure the sensor you are using supports a rechargeable battery.
- To charge the sensor, connect it to a computer USB port or USB wall plug adaptor using the supplied USB cable or a micro-USB cable.
- When connected to a charging source, the LED flashes slowly according to the battery level. For example, red when at its lowest, then orange, followed by green when the battery is nearly full.
- The LED will stop flashing when charging is complete.
- Follow the recommended charging time listed in the sensor’s Product Manual.
- For some sensors, the charging times will significantly increase in temperatures below 10°C (50°F).
- The sensor should be charged at minimum of every 4 months to ensure continued battery function.
Check the battery status at any time by pressing the sensor status button or the sensor battery button. The LED colour will determine the level of battery. Refer to Check Sensor Battery Status for battery information.