Strong passwords are essential to internet security. One of the most common ways that hackers break into devices is by guessing passwords. Simple and commonly used passwords enable intruders to easily gain control of a device.
There are a few key points that you should know to reduce the likelihood of a hacker cracking your password.
Create a strong password
Creating a secure password is an important part of protecting your account. A strong password helps to:
- Keep your personal information safe.
- Protect your data.
- Prevent someone from breaking into your account.
- Use a password with 8 characters or more.
- Use a combination of letters uppercase and lowercase, numbers, and symbols.
- Avoid personal information & common words.
- Don't reuse passwords.